Over the past few years, available gear for trail runners has exploded. The good news?
This means we’re a community worth investing in, and the result is new and improved gear. The bad news?
More gear = more questions. Do I really need a handheld and a pack? A pack with a bladder and a pack with bottles? What shoes work best for my trails? Are trail running shorts really better than road running shorts?
Should I carry this stuff on every run?
It’s complicated. And if you’re not careful, it leads to spending a ton of money while seeing few results.
In today’s episode I try to answer those questions and save you a little money. I break down all the essential gear items for trail runners, and my personal preferences for short, medium, and long runs or races.
Here’s what to expect from this episode:
- What gear is required to start trail running — the answer may surprise you
- Trail running shoes…Are they any different than road shoes?
- Packs vs handheld bottles and when to use them
- Clothing for trail runners
- Why I carry certain gear during short, medium, and long runs
Listen to the episode here:
Or subscribe and download on:
Links from the show:
Questions you want answered on the next episode?
Call and leave a message at (302) 648-7245, that’s 302-64-TRAIL — I won’t answer, I promise.