There is just no way around it. Running is tough.
I recently experienced this firsthand, several hours into the Mount Mitchell Challenge, when my legs were on fire and my mind was starting to doubt a finish.
Had it not been for the 7 word phrase I repeated dozens of times, I might still be crawling down that mountain.
Mantras are a mystical formula of words designed to produce a particular effect. When running gets its toughest, relying on a running mantra, or a few simple words or phrases, can have a huge effect on how you perform mentally.
I know that running mantras can help. I’ve experienced it, and so have many of you.
That is why I decided to put together an eBook, and why I’m giving it away for FREE. Just sign up below and it will be sent straight to your inbox within minutes.
The Power of a Running Mantra dives into the history of mantras, how you can use them to achieve greater running success, and real-life stories of mantras in action from 7 seasoned runners and writers.
The Power of a Running Mantra
When it comes to using running mantras, I’m in good company.
Throughout the eBook, 7 of us share our personal stories on how a mantra has helped us through the toughest of times. Together we have several Boston Qualifier marathon times, multiple ultramarathon finishes, an Ironman, and literally thousands of miles logged in our running shoes. Sign up to receive the free eBook, and be motivated by their mantras and stories.
So who are they?
- Jason Fitzgerald, 2:39 marathoner, USA Track & Field certified coach and writer behind Strength Running
- Matt Frazier, Boston Qualifier, ultrarunner, founder of No Meat Athlete, and currently training for his first 100 mile ultra
- Jennifer Heidman, marathoner, physician, mother, blogger at Redwoods and Running
- Susan Lacke, Ironman finisher, marathoner, and writer at Competitor, No Meat Athlete, and many more.
- Meaghan Stakelin, marathoner, fitness guru, and blogger behind DC Fit Crasher
- Greg Strosaker, marathon-winning coach, father, husband, and founder of Pre Dawn Runner
- And me, Doug Hay, ultrarunner, trail running advocate, and founder of Rock Creek Runner
If that list of names alone doesn’t inspire you, their stories will.
Sign up below for your copy of the eBook, The Power of a Running Mantra, plus useful updates, all for FREE: