As runners we work hard to find the best gear, eat the best foods, and use the best training techniques, but even with top notch preparations, running is still tough.
That is were running mantras come in.
Mantras are a mystical formula of words designed to produce a particular effect. When running gets its toughest, relying on a running mantra, or a few simple words or phrases, can have a huge effect on how you perform mentally.
I’ve experienced this, and so have many of you.
That is why I decided to put together an eBook diving into the history of mantras, how you can use them to achieve greater running success, and real-life stories of mantras in action from 7 inspiring runners and writers.
Sign up below for your copy of the eBook, The Power of a Running Mantra, plus useful updates, all for FREE!
The Power of a Running Mantra
I recently experienced the power of a running mantra in its full potential. While running the 40 mile Mount Mitchell Challenge, I was experiencing a wickedly low point in the race, and had it not been for a 7 word phrase, I might still be crawling up that mountain. I discuss that phrase, and many more, in the book. When it comes to using running mantras, I’m in good company. Throughout the eBook, 7 seasoned runners share personal stories on how a mantra has helped them through the toughest of times. Together we have several Boston Qualifier marathon times, multiple ultramarathon finishes, an ironman, and literally thousands of miles logged in running shoes. Sign up to receive the free eBook, and be motivated by their mantras. So who are they?
- Jason Fitzgerald, 2:39 marathoner, USA Track & Field certified coach and writer behind Strength Running
- Matt Frazier, Boston Qualifier, ultrarunner, founder of No Meat Athlete, and currently training for his first 100 mile ultra
- Jennifer Heidman, marathoner, physician, mother, and blogger at Redwoods and Running
- Meaghan Stakelin, marathoner, fitness guru, and blogger behind DC Fit Crasher
- Greg Strosaker, marathon-winning coach, father, husband, and founder of Pre Dawn Runner
- And me, Doug Hay, ultrarunner, trail running advocate, and founder of Rock Creek Runner
If that list of names alone doesn’t inspire you, the stories will. Sign up below for your copy of the eBook, The Power of a Running Mantra, plus useful updates, all for FREE: