Ask a runner what they fear most and chances are it will be injury. Injuries can derail training and bust up a race goal before you even toe the line.
Who wants that? But for some reason the majority of runners aren’t doing what they can to protect themselves against injury.
Today’s episode is all about injuries, or more specifically, using strength training as a tool to help prevent injuries. I reach out to coach Jeff Gaudette of Runners Connect for his thoughts on incorporating a strength routine into your training.
Here’s what I covered in today’s show:
- Set your #SolsticeGoals
- Should runners do strength work?
- When you should stop a mile short
- How to integrate strength training for injury prevention
Listen to the episode here:
Click here to download the file.
Or subscribe and download on:
- Next Level Runner (Available for 47% off through Monday, June 20th)
- Runner’s Connect (Jeff’s site)
- The 6 Minute Strength Routine for Trail Runners
- The Benefits of Strength Training for Distance Runners
- Strength Training for Runner (Runner’s Connect free eBook)